Menu
0 35 Comments

New ideas generally are formed from other ideas.  Sharing is the key to expanding our world.  We hope everyone will enjoy sharing information with each other through our blog!

What’s worked for you?  What’s New? Pros and Cons of crafting your own!

35 thoughts on “Blog~What’s New?”

COMING SOON…

We are launching our first ‘Surprise Gift’ Campaign in the next few months. Don’t miss out! We will share information and more details in our July Information Speedway Newsletter. Sign up is free. Everyone is welcome to join. See ya there. Thanks.

Sign up here: Information Speedway Newsletter

2. Leila says:

KEEPING IT NATURAL!
    Garlic and Honey

DIY Recipe

ITEMS NEEDED:

2 – Garlic Bulbs
    4 – Tablespoons Raw Honey
    1 – Small Container w/lid
    – Water
    1 – Food Processor or chopping knife

RECIPE:

1. Soak garlic in enough water to cover garlic until skin soft. Skin should be easy to pull off.
    2. Chop or crush garlic in food processor. Chop very small pieces if by hand
    3. Put garlic in small container
    4. Add 4-5 tablespoons of raw honey
    5. Mix well

That’s it! No refrigeration needed. Eat 2 tablespoon daily. Depending on your tolerance and liking to take less or more daily.

**Note: If mixture is too strong for you, play around with it. Decrease the amount of garlic you use. As well I suggest eating it with bread or with a meal. Especially if you are not comfortable eating garlic.

Garlic has been choice of treatment for a variety of health conditions. Some people will eat garlic to try and prevent rectal cancer, stomach cancer, breast cancer, etc. Garlic is used for high and low blood pressure, high cholesterol too (WebMD).

Yet, a few side effects of raw garlic are bad breath, heartburn, gas, the burning sensation in your mouth or stomach. On the other hand, garlic may be safe when applied to the skin. The latter, really depends on how it will affect your skin (WebMD).

I use garlic for many things. I make garlic tea. I drink garlic water too. Like other individuals I find the smell is a bit unnerving. But, I still love my garlic. I have not had one bad experience with garlic. Many people continue using garlic as a nutritional supplement.

Personally, I feel the benefits outweigh the negative effects. Particularly when supplements are taken sensibly. A little common sense goes along way regardless of the product. Too much of anything I believe is not healthy. Just the opposite, too little can be unhealthy as well. Most importantly, each body differ in response to supplements. But, I believe we are born without toxins; therefore, natural is my personal preference.

Thanks for reading! Cheers!

Until next time…

Reference:

WebMD (2019) Vitamins and Supplements
    Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-300/garlic
    Assessed June 10, 2019

1. yuvonnewilson says:

Garlic & Honey are 2 of my favorite items in the kitchen. I used both in my everyday cooking although never quite like this. I may have to give it a try. This is a great post! Thanks for sharing!

1. Leila says:

Thanks for your feedback Yuvonne! 🙂 It’s good to hear from you again.

This is really a great mixture. We get busy doing so much each day and often forget about our own nutritional intake. I find that having my honey and garlic snack, leaving it on my counter makes a wonderful reminder. I eat it whenever I feel like it. I just made a new batch. Picture attached.

Honey and Garlic Snack

3. Leila says:

ARE WE NOT THE SAME?

What measures the differences between us?

I am like those of the air I breathe.
    From above, breath we inhale.
    Air is evenly divided among those who dress, speak, and walk differently…

You see light–lighter; brown-browner; or dark-darker, complexions.
    You see straight, wavy, curly, short, or long hair.
    You see small or large teeth. You see slim–fat and tall–short bodies.

Are we not the same?

Limbs are two by two, liquid red blood, and mouths for speaking.
    All crumbles, just the same.
    Limbs can be broken. Blood can be lost. Mouths can be speechless.

Are we not the same?

I live not in the box of difference.
    I enjoy the same air.
    I wear cloth made from the same fabric.
    I speak with a dialogue dictated by my environment.
    I walk as required to get around.
    I will not breathe, when the air is gone.
    When we breath no more, our bodies will decay into the earth;
    in the world that belongs to us both.

You are my neighbor…

Are we not the same?

4. Leila says:

DECEPTION IS ONLY WITH SELF

Those who deceive lie not to others, but to thyself
    Keep track of the mess you speak
    Seek to be straight- not possible

Deception is only with self…

Look in the mirror what or who do you see?
    Your mouth moves
    Words are strong and full of tones that reflect onto you
    Seek to be straight- not possible

Deception is only with self…

Turn around and feel the tones that reflect from thy throne
    What is built through thy words is what live
    Seek to be straight- not possible

Deception is only with self…

Many will believe what they hear
    But what is built through thy words is what live
    Seek to be straight- not possible

Deception is only with self…

Go ahead keep track of the mess you speak
    In the end, the count will be lost

Deception is only with self!
    Author, LT

5. Leila says:

Proof is in the Pudding!

Tea Tree oil offers many useful methods of application. The oil comes from the leaves of the Australian tea tree. It is good for acne, cleaning pores, treating fingernail fungus, as well as, other skin conditions. Yet, it can be harmful if swallowed.

Especially be concerned around pets. Pets react to tea tree oil too. It might cause animals to stumble as they walk – weaker limbs. Like human being, animals can develop skin rashes from Tea Tree oil. Moreover, when you have the right formula tea tree oil is another magnificent household disinfectant.

My Recent Experience

Earlier this year, when I was short on funds, there came a flood. At three different intervals, my kitchen flooded. The very first thing I thought of beside the walls, counters, and cabinet damages – MOLD.

Our island weather is hot and generally has high humidity. It’s very easy for mold to grow. Once mold starts growing it’s almost impossible to contain without hiring professionals. So, I knew I needed to act fast. I would need a cheap fix.

Well, it took the construction crew about 3 months to complete all repairs. My kitchen was in such disarray; totally lost all functional means. During the time when the pipes were leaking water, I notice mold growing on the top of the counter/wall surface.

The first thing I grabbed was distill vinegar to sanitize the area. The damage area was large. Basically 85% of my kitchen had damages. I sprayed vinegar inside all damage area of the cabinets and on the walls around the pipe area. I preferred vinegar because it was less toxic in the atmosphere than bleach.

After inhaling the bacteria from drilling in concrete walls, the broken pipes and the water, I could not handle another contaminated smell. The vinegar did the trick to rid the house of most of the smells for that day. But moldy area did not change.

On the third day I said to myself, it was time to use some natural oils. At the time, I had one small 1 oz. bottle of Tea Tree Oil. I combined .5-oz of Tea Tree Oil with 24 ounces of water in my spray bottle.

I was concern about the top cabinet space. My cabinets are wood. The counter tops were thrown away. If mold starts to grow it would continue to do so. After spraying the surface areas for two days I could see a change in the appearance of the mold. And the house slowly rid itself of the nasty smell lurking around from the water and broken pipes.

Untreated Treated w/Tea Tree Solution

I treated the area only two times – 1x per day, for two days. Repairs were completed about 3 weeks later. Plenty of time to key a watchful eye out for more mold. I never saw other spores. Indeed, Tea tree oil solution penetrated the wood surface.

Thanks for reading! Until next time…

References:

Soloway, R. A. G. (2010) Tea Tree Oil: Poison and Remedy
    Retrieved from https://www.poison.org/articles/2010-dec/tea-tree-oil
    Assessed March 15, 2019

Mayo Clinic Staff (October 2017) Tea Tree Oil
    Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-tea-tree-oil/art-20364246
    Assessed March 12, 2019

Mold Removal and How to Kill Mold
    Retrieved from https://moldpedia.com/mold-removal
    Assessed March 12, 2019

6. Leila says:

DIY

Recycle, recycle, recycle is the name of the game for today! I finally found use for some old torn lace curtains in my cedar chest.

My father always said, “Keep it. You never know you might need it later.” Well, I think I am finding something to do with things, after too much time has passed. Lol Based on my father’s concept, have I become a ‘PACK RAT’? hehe

This project did not take much time to complete. It took a long time to come up with the idea. Haha I feel they turned out good though. Nice results! What say you?
    Recycle Lace Curtains

What to do next with the remaining material? Hmmmmm 🙂 🤔 Still thinking. lol

Now, if I could only recycle things a bit faster, maybe I’ll have less stuff laying around my house. 🙂 🙂

Until next time….

7. Leila says:

Although LOCNW is still considered a new business and we have grown a lot because of you!💯💯❣️ We are coming to the end of our second year! WOOT!

We are thankful for our LOCNW’s community supporters!👏👏 We cannot say THANK YOU enough for your vote of confidence in our products, your feedback, your referrals, and everything you have done that’s not mentioned here!

We are grateful for all new subscribers that’s taken an interest in LOCNW too!

We hope you continue enjoying your experiences with us!
    Thank you very much (Mahalo nui loa)!!!

8. Leila says:

WHAT IF your life were free of all chemicals – breathe perfect air, food free of preservatives, only natural water to drink, zero dye in your clothes, etc?
    🌲🌹🌺🌵🥑🍅🍍

HOW would you feel??🌝🌝

LOCNW offers handcrafted personal care products to people seeking too improve their lifestyle! ✔️our website 🗣️www.lifetimeofcreations.com

9. Yuvonne says:

Wow!! Thanks so much for this info. Very helpful! I’ll tell you how it goes. I’m def going to give this a try!!!

1. Leila says:

You’re welcome Yuvonne! Please do let us know how it works for you. I, too will post future updates. Thanks for sharing!

10. Leila says:

DIY Community,

You might have read about this window cleaner before. If not, this window cleaner works well for hard-water on windows and other surfaces too. After making this solution, I use it on my shower glass doors. Since I regularly clean with vinegar, I tried this on my brick walls as well.

I saturated a clean cloth with this cleaner and wipe the walls in my kitchen and home office. Sprayed my shower glass doors and wipe dry with a paper towel. Works very well for all three locations.

Okay, you waited long enough; here you go… the simply recipe.

½ cup rubbing alcohol
    ½ cup vinegar
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    10 drops lemon essential oil

Mix all ingredients together.
    Pour in spray bottle.
    Shake well; spray windows and wipe with dry paper towel.

**NOTE: If you double recipe, or have left over mix, shake well before using again. Cornstarch will settle to the bottom.

11. Haven says:

I just love your newsletter. Full of information and updates. When in May will the Coconut Aloe soap will be available?

1. Leila says:

Haven we appreciate your feedback! Mahalo so plenty!

2. Leila says:

Haven, Coconut Aloe soap will be available between the 15th and 20th of May. Thank you for your inquiry. I hope this helps!

12. Keena says:

I wanted to drop a note concerning the soap I purchased. I love them all! They were so good I’ve given some as gifts. I’m looking forward to trying some of the new soaps you have listed. Thank you so much for your effort at keeping them free of chemicals. Great job!!

1. Leila says:

Thanks Keena for your feedback! We appreciate your support!

2. Haven says:

I agree with your post. We are not purchasing soap products anywhere else now. We found our store! Love all their products and prices are reasonable too.

13. Dantryi says:

Does it take long to make??? And how long will it take to get to me???..

1. Leila says:

Great questions Dantryi! Soap process vary, depending on the design and ingredients.

Travel time also differs depending on location. I do not have an exact timeframe for your location. Thanks for asking! I hope this helps!

14. haven kaleo says:

All went well. I forgot to post here and let you all know, but your coconut & lavender soap is truly awesome. Great lather and smell just knock you off your feet! My big concern was if the whole family could use it without a reaction. It worked. Everyone including my hubby (surprise, surprise) loved it. 🙂

Wonderful news Haven! It’s good to receive feedback. Thanks for the update 🙂

15. haven kaleo says:

Thanks you Leila! I am impressed with your speedy replies. It does help alot. I will follow your suggestions and provide feedback.

1. Leila says:

Haven, I’m glad to help! Please do follow-up and let us know how it’s going for you and your family. Happy Sampling! :-))

16. haven kaleo says:

I have another question. Please forgive my lack of knowledge. This is interesting!
    For my hair, is it better to use straight coconut products or mix or does it matter?

1. Leila says:

Good question Haven! I can’t say for you alone, but I prefer straight coconut. However, I do use other soap products on my hair that are coconut based. I feel coconut is a winner either way you go. Thanks for asking! As needed, feel free to ask any questions. Someone will reply. This is what make blogs a wonderful resource. :))

17. Haven Kaleo says:

?? New developments since my last visit. Love it! Woot!

I really want some of your soap products! My children have sensitive skin. I’m not certain which soap to purchase. I love coconut. Not sure if the lavender will affect them or not. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1. Leila says:

Hi Haven, Good to see you here again! :-)) I suggest trying samples first. If all goes well then you will know which soaps are okay for you and your family. Does this help? Please let me know if you have other concerns or questions.

1. haven kaleo says:

Can I get at least one sample of each product? Thanks.

1. Leila says:

Haven, you can purchase any sample product available. Currently samples are temporarily free. You can try at no cost to you. :-))

1. haven kaleo says:

Can I get samples without purchasing other products?

2. Leila says:

Yes, you can purchase samples without buying other products. Samples are free, for a limited time. You are required to pay shipment.

18. Haven says:

Do you know if you can detox your hair without using other chemicals?

1. Leila says:

Haven, excellent question! I detox my hair without the use of chemicals.

Long story short…I was attempting to use my daughter’s natural shampoo recipe. She suggested I mix baking soda with water for washing my hair; apply apple cider vinegar as the rinse. I just couldn’t get the consistency right, nor was I using it correctly. However, I wanted to stop purchasing commercial hair products.

After making my body soap I decided to venture out and try something different. I stopped using store brought hair products immediately. Was it correct way to detox my hair? Not sure, but it worked for me. I used coconut/lavender soap to wash my hair. I rinsed with apple cider vinegar. At first, I said, this will not work. My hair to me, wasn’t as soft as my daughter was able to get her hair. Although she has been at this for many years.

What I notice over time (approximately three weeks) my hair seems a bit more normal. My hair shredded like a snake, dropping old damage hair, making room for new healthy hair.

I found a solution for leave-in hair conditioner on mommypotamus website. I made her recipe. I’ve always applied coconut oil to my skin, hair and use it for cooking. Mommypotamus’s recipe was made with coconut milk, so I thought I can’t go wrong there. And I didn’t. Woot! 🙂

There are several ways other people might have tried to detox their hair or offer solutions for detoxing. This was my way. Other methods may seem to work a bit faster, but I haven’t tried any of them. I feel it depends on your hair texture and the products you use. Coconut/lavender soap, with apple cider vinegar rinse, and coconut leave-in conditioner worked for me. I hope this helps!