Menu
0 28 Comments

New ideas generally are formed from other ideas.  Sharing is the key to expanding our world.  We hope everyone will enjoy sharing information with each other through our blog!

What’s worked for you?  What’s New? Pros and Cons of crafting your own!

28 thoughts on “What’s New?”

1. Leila says:

DIY

Recycle, recycle, recycle is the name of the game for today! I finally found use for some old torn lace curtains in my cedar chest.

My father always said, “Keep it. You never know you might need it later.” Well, I think I am finding something to do with things, after too much time has passed. Lol Based on my father’s concept, have I become a ‘PACK RAT’? hehe

This project did not take much time to complete. It took a long time to come up with the idea. Haha I feel they turned out good though. Nice results! What say you?
    Recycle Lace Curtains

What to do next with the remaining material? Hmmmmm 🙂 🤔 Still thinking. lol

Now, if I could only recycle things a bit faster, maybe I’ll have less stuff laying around my house. 🙂 🙂

Until next time….

2. Leila says:

Although LOCNW is still considered a new business and we have grown a lot because of you!💯💯❣️ We are coming to the end of our second year! WOOT!

We are thankful for our LOCNW’s community supporters!👏👏 We cannot say THANK YOU enough for your vote of confidence in our products, your feedback, your referrals, and everything you have done that’s not mentioned here!

We are grateful for all new subscribers that’s taken an interest in LOCNW too!

We hope you continue enjoying your experiences with us!
    Thank you very much (Mahalo nui loa)!!!

3. Leila says:

WHAT IF your life were free of all chemicals – breathe perfect air, food free of preservatives, only natural water to drink, zero dye in your clothes, etc?
    🌲🌹🌺🌵🥑🍅🍍

HOW would you feel??🌝🌝

LOCNW offers handcrafted personal care products to people seeking too improve their lifestyle! ✔️our website 🗣️www.lifetimeofcreations.com

4. Yuvonne says:

Wow!! Thanks so much for this info. Very helpful! I’ll tell you how it goes. I’m def going to give this a try!!!

1. Leila says:

You’re welcome Yuvonne! Please do let us know how it works for you. I, too will post future updates. Thanks for sharing!

5. Leila says:

DIY Community,

You might have read about this window cleaner before. If not, this window cleaner works well for hard-water on windows and other surfaces too. After making this solution, I use it on my shower glass doors. Since I regularly clean with vinegar, I tried this on my brick walls as well.

I saturated a clean cloth with this cleaner and wipe the walls in my kitchen and home office. Sprayed my shower glass doors and wipe dry with a paper towel. Works very well for all three locations.

Okay, you waited long enough; here you go… the simply recipe.

½ cup rubbing alcohol
    ½ cup vinegar
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    10 drops lemon essential oil

Mix all ingredients together.
    Pour in spray bottle.
    Shake well; spray windows and wipe with dry paper towel.

**NOTE: If you double recipe, or have left over mix, shake well before using again. Cornstarch will settle to the bottom.

6. Haven says:

I just love your newsletter. Full of information and updates. When in May will the Coconut Aloe soap will be available?

1. Leila says:

Haven we appreciate your feedback! Mahalo so plenty!

2. Leila says:

Haven, Coconut Aloe soap will be available between the 15th and 20th of May. Thank you for your inquiry. I hope this helps!

7. Keena says:

I wanted to drop a note concerning the soap I purchased. I love them all! They were so good I’ve given some as gifts. I’m looking forward to trying some of the new soaps you have listed. Thank you so much for your effort at keeping them free of chemicals. Great job!!

1. Leila says:

Thanks Keena for your feedback! We appreciate your support!

2. Haven says:

I agree with your post. We are not purchasing soap products anywhere else now. We found our store! Love all their products and prices are reasonable too.

8. Dantryi says:

Does it take long to make??? And how long will it take to get to me???..

1. Leila says:

Great questions Dantryi! Soap process vary, depending on the design and ingredients.

Travel time also differs depending on location. I do not have an exact timeframe for your location. Thanks for asking! I hope this helps!

9. haven kaleo says:

All went well. I forgot to post here and let you all know, but your coconut & lavender soap is truly awesome. Great lather and smell just knock you off your feet! My big concern was if the whole family could use it without a reaction. It worked. Everyone including my hubby (surprise, surprise) loved it. 🙂

1. Leila says:

Wonderful news Haven! It’s good to receive feedback. Thanks for the update 🙂

10. haven kaleo says:

Thanks you Leila! I am impressed with your speedy replies. It does help alot. I will follow your suggestions and provide feedback.

1. Leila says:

Haven, I’m glad to help! Please do follow-up and let us know how it’s going for you and your family. Happy Sampling! :-))

11. haven kaleo says:

I have another question. Please forgive my lack of knowledge. This is interesting!
    For my hair, is it better to use straight coconut products or mix or does it matter?

1. Leila says:

Good question Haven! I can’t say for you alone, but I prefer straight coconut. However, I do use other soap products on my hair that are coconut based. I feel coconut is a winner either way you go. Thanks for asking! As needed, feel free to ask any questions. Someone will reply. This is what make blogs a wonderful resource. :))

12. Haven Kaleo says:

?? New developments since my last visit. Love it! Woot!

I really want some of your soap products! My children have sensitive skin. I’m not certain which soap to purchase. I love coconut. Not sure if the lavender will affect them or not. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1. Leila says:

Hi Haven, Good to see you here again! :-)) I suggest trying samples first. If all goes well then you will know which soaps are okay for you and your family. Does this help? Please let me know if you have other concerns or questions.

1. haven kaleo says:

Can I get at least one sample of each product? Thanks.

1. Leila says:

Haven, you can purchase any sample product available. Currently samples are temporarily free. You can try at no cost to you. :-))

1. haven kaleo says:

Can I get samples without purchasing other products?

2. Leila says:

Yes, you can purchase samples without buying other products. Samples are free, for a limited time. You are required to pay shipment.

13. Haven says:

Do you know if you can detox your hair without using other chemicals?

1. Leila says:

Haven, excellent question! I detox my hair without the use of chemicals.

Long story short…I was attempting to use my daughter’s natural shampoo recipe. She suggested I mix baking soda with water for washing my hair; apply apple cider vinegar as the rinse. I just couldn’t get the consistency right, nor was I using it correctly. However, I wanted to stop purchasing commercial hair products.

After making my body soap I decided to venture out and try something different. I stopped using store brought hair products immediately. Was it correct way to detox my hair? Not sure, but it worked for me. I used coconut/lavender soap to wash my hair. I rinsed with apple cider vinegar. At first, I said, this will not work. My hair to me, wasn’t as soft as my daughter was able to get her hair. Although she has been at this for many years.

What I notice over time (approximately three weeks) my hair seems a bit more normal. My hair shredded like a snake, dropping old damage hair, making room for new healthy hair.

I found a solution for leave-in hair conditioner on mommypotamus website. I made her recipe. I’ve always applied coconut oil to my skin, hair and use it for cooking. Mommypotamus’s recipe was made with coconut milk, so I thought I can’t go wrong there. And I didn’t. Woot! 🙂

There are several ways other people might have tried to detox their hair or offer solutions for detoxing. This was my way. Other methods may seem to work a bit faster, but I haven’t tried any of them. I feel it depends on your hair texture and the products you use. Coconut/lavender soap, with apple cider vinegar rinse, and coconut leave-in conditioner worked for me. I hope this helps!